INSTRUCTIONS FOR AUTHORS
Manuscripts should be sent as an attachment to the e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org, or through the web pages (at www.soced.cz). To make things easier, please use a template available at www.soced.cz.
The manuscript review process is double-blind. The aim of the review is the anonymous reduction of the possible bias of reviewers. The reviewers of the manuscript are members of the editorial board and external collaborators of the journal. Reviews of books and information are reviewed by editor of this section.
Studies should have a theoretical, empirical or a survey study focus. The range is 36,000characters, including spaces = 20 pages (1,800 characters including spaces = 1 standard A4). At the end of the study we requires a text: The author(s) claim that this is the original study and the text in this form has never been published or submitted for publication elsewhere.
Structure of the study
- Name of the manuscript
- Name and surname of the author(s) without titles
- Abstract (max 1,200 characters including spaces)
- Own text
- Full name of the author(s), title and address including e-mail addresses
- Additional Information on the originality of the manuscript by inserting the following text at the end: The author(s) claim that this is the original study and text in this form has never been published or submitted for publication elsewhere.
Abstract of the manuscript (in the range of 800 to 1,200 characters including spaces) characterizes the structure of the text without distinction of authorship of the abstract, without additional information, without your own interpretation and evaluation of the document. The basic properties of the abstract is conciseness, clarity, brevity, accuracy, objectivity that gives a clear presentation of argument structure and construction of the entire text. In the case of empirical studies, the abstract contains theoretical background, research objective, methods, sample and main results.
The main part of the empirical study must include
- Research objectives
- The research question or hypothesis
- Research methods
- The research sample
- Results and interpretations (including limitations of results)
It is recommended to insert the full text of the research instruments in the Appendix.
The journal´s editorial policy
Sociální pedagogika / Social Education is a double blind peer-reviewed scientific journal. As the journal follows the open access policy, the articles are available free in the electronic form in the journal’s website. The term “open access” means unrestricted online access to peer-reviewed research, enabling any user to read, download, copy, print, search, or create links to the fulltexts of articles.
As the publisher bears the cost of editing and publishing the journal, authors are not required to charge for publishing in the journal. Consequently, articles are available for readers free of cost.
Publication ethics and publication malpractice statement
The publication of a double blind peer-reviewed journal requires continuous work, responsibility, liability and collaboration from all involved parties: authors, the managing editor, reviewers, editors – manuscript and editor – reviews of books and information and editorial board members. All editors have the responsibility of monitoring the publishing ethics and maintaining the academic record. The managing editor assumes the responsibility for verifying the articles as concerns fraudulent data or plagiarism. The editorial board member´s goal is to maintain the publication at the highest publication standards, implying: good quality, original, research based articles, but also corrections, clarifications, retractions and apologies, if needed.
Publication and authorship
– All submitted papers are subject to a strict double blind peer-review process. The reviewers of the manuscript are members of the editorial board and external collaborators of the journal. Reviews of books and information are reviewed by the editor of this section.
– The papers are checked by anti-plagiarism software before publication of an article. Authors should provide all sources of data used in the research.
– The rejected articles are not resent for reviewing.
– The magazine uses the CC BY license. This license authorizes others (general public) to share and adapt other works based on the author’s work, even commercially, under the condition of the attribution of the original work. This license is recommended for the maximum sharing and use of licensed materials (read more here). The principle of the journal is unrestricted online access to scientific information, which provides auto-archiving of articles in open journals (open access).
– The author(s) claim that this is the original study and that the text in this form has never been published or submitted for publication elsewhere. Plagiarism in all its forms is unethical and it is unacceptable.
– Authors must state that all data in the paper is real and authentic.
– Authors should provide a revised version of their article, according to the reviewers’ recommendations.
– Before publication of the article, the author is asked to sign a contract of transferring exclusive copyright to the publisher (FH TBU in Zlín). The author is not permitted to re-publish the article in another journal or other media without written consent from the publisher.
– After the review process is completed, the author is addressed to grant the permission for publishing the final version of the manuscript in the journal. No reply within 7 days from the author to the publisher is conceived as the author´s consent.
– Any manuscript received for reviewing will be treated as a confidential document.
– Reviewers should identify relevant published work that has not been cited by the authors.
– Reviews should be conducted objectively, and observations should be formulated clearly with supporting arguments, so that authors can use them for improving the paper.
– Reviewers should inform the editors on any substantial similarity between the manuscript under consideration and any other published paper.
– Reviewers should not consider manuscripts in which they have conflicts of interest resulting from competitive, collaborative, or other relationships or connections with any of the authors or institutions connected to the papers.
– Editors decide which of the submitted articles will be published.
– Editors are responsible for the content of the journal and for the overall quality of academic merit.
– The editors make decisions on the basis of a double blind review process.
– Editors publish only those articles that have undergone this procedure.
– Editors cannot use unpublished texts for their own research needs without the written permission of the author.
Editors or the editorial board may be informed about unethical conduct at anytime. Investigations will be carried out with the particular person to whom it applies suspicion, and interested persons will be informed immediately. The final decision depends on the editors. Based on the awareness of the editor, or in the case of serious violations, the editorial board will also make the decision about the unethical case at an extraordinary or regular meeting. The Editorial Board discusses the documents from the case and decides on the case. During the next regular meeting the editorial board will explain its decision. In case of doubt, the vote of the editorial board can retroactively revoke decisions of the editors.
People accused of unethical behaviour will be given space to express their opinions no later than 15 calendar days from the moment of reaching the editors.
– A method for solving ethical misconduct and unethical behaviour may take the following forms: the author and reviewers are (duplicated by mail and email) informed of a breach of ethical standards of the journal.
– The withdrawal of the contribution from the journal.
– To impose a time-limited ban on cooperation with a particular author / reviewer for 2 years.
– Placing the information about ethical misconduct and unethical conduct in the Editorial of the currently prepared issue of the journal (in general, without specific names and indicating affiliations of authors / reviewers).
Thus the estimated publication (copyright) ethics and ways of its solution is in line with the recommendations of the Commission for publication Ethics (COPE).