- University of California San Francisco, UCSF, USA
- University of Oslo, UIO, Norway
- East China University of Science and Technology, ECUST, China
- Point Loma Nazarene University, PLNU, USA
- University of Silesia in Katowice, US, Poland
- University of Sydney, USYD, Australia
- Kazimierz Wielki University, UKW, Poland
- Western Sydney University, WSU, Australia
University of California San Francisco, UCSF, USA
The leading university exclusively focused on health, UC San Francisco is driven by the idea that when the best research, the best education and the best patient care converge, great breakthroughs are achieved. UCSF is a collection of dedicated scientists, clinicians, students and staff who share a common drive to make the world a better place by advancing health and the human condition. Care and compassion are as critical as science and discovery in fulfilling our mission to drive change, and make a difference for individual patients and whole populations. UCSF is also San Francisco’s second-largest employer – attracting talented faculty and staff who mirror the energy and entrepreneurial spirit of the Bay Area. The most exciting part of being at UCSF is its diverse community of people who individually contribute to changing the status quo with their diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. Ability to recruit top talent leads to a constant influx of new ideas and approaches across each of UCSF missions: research, patient care and education.
University of Oslo, UIO, Norway
The Department of Teacher Education and School Research aims through research to sustain and further develop its position as a leading academic milieu in Norway in the fields of teacher education, subject didactics, educational leadership and school relevant educational research. Research at ILS is mainly centred around main areas of research which are maintained by research groups. The research groups consist of senior researchers, Post. Doc. Research fellows, Ph.D research fellows and assistant Professors. In addition to research carried out in the research groups, the Department has a number of researches in the forefront of school relevant educational research.
East China University of Science and Technology, ECUST, China
East China University of Science and Technology (ECUST) is located in the southwest of Shanghai, a center of commerce, finance, trade and shipping of China. Founded in 1952 and previously named as East China Institute of Chemical Technology, ECUST is the first national key university featuring chemical engineering disciplines in China; State-run and full-time institutions of higher education; Research-oriented national key university directly under the Ministry of Education of China; One of the 13 Chinese key engineering universities; One of the National “211 Project” key construction universities; National “985 Project” Advantages Discipline Innovation Platform for high-level universities. ECUST devotes itself to develop international cooperation and has established long-term and extensive academic exchanges and joint training cooperation with more than 180 universities, colleges, enterprises and research institutions from all over the world, including the United States, Germany, Britain, France, Japan, Canada, South Korea, Australia, etc.
Point Loma Nazarene University, PLNU, USA
PLNU exists to provide higher education in a vital Christian community where minds are engaged and challenged, character is modeled and formed, and service is an expression of faith. Being of Wesleyan heritage, we strive to be a learning community where grace is foundational, truth is pursued, and holiness is a way of life. In addition to more than 60 undergraduate areas of study, PLNU offers graduate and degree completion programs on several campuses in San Diego County and Bakersfield. PLNU serves more than 3,500 students. PLNU, established in 1902, is a Christian liberal arts institution. The university was founded by Phineas Bresee, primary founder of the Church of the Nazarene.
University of Silesia in Katowice, US, Poland
University of Silesia in Katowice is one of the largest and most dynamically developing public universities in Poland. Founded in 1968, the University of Silesia quickly established a reputation as a vibrant academic institution and an important interdisciplinary research hub. With a tradition of launching new programmes to best meet the needs of rapidly changing labor markets, the University of Silesia offers students a variety of programs and specialized fields of study. With outstanding research teams and well-equipped laboratories, we are an important player on the global research arena. We actively participate in European Commission initiatives focused both on educational and scientific development, and realize projects within the frame of programmes such as Erasmus+ and Horizon 2020.
University of Sydney, USYD, Australia
The University of Sydney is an Australian public research university in Sydney, Australia. Founded in 1850, it is Australia’s first university and is regarded as one of the world’s leading universities. It is ranked as the world’s 50th most reputable university. Its graduates are additionally ranked the 4th most employable in the world and 1st in Australia. The university comprises 16 faculties and schools, through which it offers bachelor, master and doctoral degrees. In 2014 it had 33,505 undergraduate and 19,284 graduate students. The university is colloquially known as one of Australia’s sandstone universities. Its campus is ranked in the top 10 of the world’s most beautiful universities by the British Daily Telegraph and The Huffington Post, spreading across the inner-city suburbs of Camperdown and Darlington. Five Nobel and two Crafoord laureates have been affiliated with the university as graduates and faculty. The university has educated seven Australian prime ministers, two Governors-General of Australia, nine state governors and territory administrators, and 24 justices of the High Court of Australia, including four chief justices. Sydney has produced 110 Rhodes Scholars and several Gates Scholars.
Kazimierz Wielki University, UKW, Poland
Kazimierz Wielki University in Bydgoszcz is a dynamically developing school of higher education, today the largest in the city and the second largest in the Kujawsko-Pomorskie Province, both as for number of professors, number of majors and educational forms offered and the number of students and graduates. Over 700 academic staff members share their knowledge, including about 150 professors. Today a rich educational range of studies covers 30 majors at three levels: bachelor and bachelor in engineering, master and doctoral studies. The university also provides over 30 postgraduate courses, developing qualifications and conferring new rights. Step by step new majors are approved by the Polish Accreditation Committee. Over the last few years our University has offered education to about 5 thousand newly admitted students annually. Only 1/3 of all students live in Bydgoszcz, with its population of about 400 thousand, and over 1/3of students come from outside the Kujawsko-Pomorskie Province. Kazimierz Wielki University has a greater and greater impact on the region and the surrounding provinces.
Western Sydney University, WSU, Australia
Western Sydney University is one of Australia’s leading institutions. Ranked in the top 400 in the world, illustrating the University’s growing reputation for producing research of Australian and international importance. The university in its current form was founded in 1989 under the terms of the University of Western Sydney Act, 1988, which created a federated network university with an amalgamation between two trade schools – Nepean College of Advanced Education and Hawkesbury Agricultural College. The Macarthur Institute of Higher Education was incorporated into the university in 1989, and in 2001 the University of Western Sydney was restructured as a single multi-campus university rather than as a federation. In 2015, the university underwent a rebranding which resulted in a change in name from the University of Western Sydney to Western Sydney University.
Aims and scope
Sociální pedagogika | Social Education (SocEd) is a double blind peer-reviewed, open access scientific journal that provides the rapid publication of articles in the field of social education. The goal of this journal is to provide a platform for scientists and academicians all over the world to promote, share, and discuss various new issues and developments in different areas of social education.
The journal embraces social education within the broad framework of the area of education and development of children, youth and adults. Social Education is an interdisciplinary science that collaborates with a wide range of other disciplines. Regarding the scientific article, the journal is open to various theoretical concepts and methodological preferences (quantitative, qualitative, mixed methodology design) if they bring new results and interesting views.
4 questions: Who are we? What do we offer? What do we look like? How to publish with us?
Publication ethics and publication malpractice statement
The publication of a double blind peer-reviewed journal requires continuous work, responsibility, liability and collaboration from all involved parties: authors, the managing editor, reviewers, editors – manuscript and editor – reviews of books and information and editorial board members. All editors have the responsibility of monitoring the publishing ethics and maintaining the academic record. The managing editor assumes the responsibility for verifying the articles as concerns fraudulent data or plagiarism. The editorial board member´s goal is to maintain the publication at the highest publication standards, implying: good quality, original, research based articles, but also corrections, clarifications, retractions and apologies, if needed.
Publication and authorship
All submitted papers are subject to a strict double blind peer-review process. The reviewers of the manuscript are members of the editorial board and external collaborators of the journal. Reviews of books and information are reviewed by the editor of this section. The papers are checked by anti-plagiarism software Crossref Similarity Check before publication of an article. Authors should provide all sources of data used in the research. The journal uses the CC BY license. This license authorizes others (general public) to share and adapt other works based on the author’s work, even commercially, under the condition of the attribution of the original work. This license is recommended for the maximum sharing and use of licensed materials (read more here). The principle of the journal is unrestricted online access to scientific information, which provides auto-archiving of articles in open journals (open access).
• The author(s) claim that this is the original study and that the text in this form has never been published or submitted for publication elsewhere. Plagiarism in all its forms is unethical and it is unacceptable.
• Authors must state that all data in the paper is real and authentic.
• Authors should provide a revised version of their article, according to the reviewers’ recommendations.
• Before publication of the article, the author is asked to sign a contract of transferring exclusive copyright to the publisher (FH TBU in Zlín). The author is not permitted to re-publish the article in another journal or other media without written consent from the publisher.
• After the review process is completed, the author is addressed to grant the permission for publishing the final version of the manuscript in the journal. No reply within 7 days from the author to the publisher is conceived as the author´s consent.
• Any manuscript received for reviewing will be treated as a confidential document.
• Reviewers should identify relevant published work that has not been cited by the authors.
• Reviews should be conducted objectively, and observations should be formulated clearly with supporting arguments, so that authors can use them for improving the paper.
• Reviewers should inform the editors on any substantial similarity between the manuscript under consideration and any other published paper.
• Reviewers should not consider manuscripts in which they have conflicts of interest resulting from competitive, collaborative, or other relationships or connections with any of the authors or institutions connected to the papers.
• Editors decide which of the submitted articles will be published.
• Editors are responsible for the content of the journal and for the overall quality of academic merit.
• The editors make decisions on the basis of a double blind review process. Editors publish only those articles that have undergone this procedure.
• Editors cannot use unpublished texts for their own research needs without the written permission of the author.
Ethical misconduct and unethical behavior
Editors or the editorial board may be informed about unethical conduct at anytime. Investigations will be carried out with the particular person to whom it applies suspicion, and interested persons will be informed immediately. The final decision depends on the editors. Based on the awareness of the editor, or in the case of serious violations, the editorial board will also make the decision about the unethical case at an extraordinary or regular meeting. The Editorial Board discusses the documents from the case and decides on the case. During the next regular meeting the editorial board will explain its decision. In case of doubt, the vote of the editorial board can retroactively revoke decisions of the editors. People accused of unethical behaviour will be given space to express their opinions no later than 15 calendar days from the moment of reaching the editors.
• A method for solving ethical misconduct and unethical behaviour may take the following forms: the author and reviewers are (duplicated by mail and email) informed of a breach of ethical standards of the journal.
• The withdrawal of the contribution from the journal.
• To impose a time-limited ban on cooperation with a particular author / reviewer for 2 years.
• Placing the information about ethical misconduct and unethical conduct in the Editorial of the currently prepared issue of the journal (in general, without specific names and indicating affiliations of authors / reviewers).
Thus the estimated publication (copyright) ethics and ways of its solution is in line with the recommendations of the Commission for publication Ethics (COPE).